For over 37 years, the John H. Chafee Center for International Business at Bryant University has been a resource for Rhode Island businesses, as well as global businesses, students and individuals interested in global trade.
As Rhode Island’s designated agency for trade and export activities, the Chafee Center has an official relationship through the Rhode Island Commerce Corp. and receives state program funding. The services provided through this partnership focus on global business expansion, retention, and attraction.
The Chafee Center’s programs include corporate training, international trade missions and shows, strategic consulting, market research, and broad-based events, as well as activities through the federal STEP grant (State Trade Expansion Program). The Chafee Center works closely with Bryant University faculty, staff, and students to provide customized business consulting services to Rhode Island-based enterprises.
Chafee Center Programs
World Trade Day Committee Members:
- Betty Robson, Chair, JF Moran, JWU
- Tom Carll, AstroNova, Inc.
- Kelly Coutu, Teknor Apex
- Jessica Gaudreau, Chafee Center
- Kristen Hayes, Bryant University
- Steve Ilmrud, Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence
- Mark Murphy, Chafee Center
- Joe Nero, Rose & Kiernan, Inc.
- Avishai Nevel, Nevel International
- Dan Schobel, VOLOFIN
- Kathy Therieau, Commerce RI
- Jacqueline Saslawski, Bryant University
- Ken Stover, Citizens Bank
- Ben White, TACO Comfort Solutions
- Linda Woulfe, Chafee Center
- Keith Yatsuhashi, U.S. Department of Commerce