The John H. Chafee Center for International Business at Bryant University is named after the late Rhode Island Senator John H. Chafee, a longtime advocate of international trade and the benefits of introducing new markets to our nation’s businesses.
The Chafee Center provides comprehensive international trade services for businesses to expand into international markets. Through global market research, corporate training, and strategic consulting, the Chafee Center helps get products and services to more customers in more places around the world.
In addition to providing international business consulting services, the Chafee Center also works with Bryant University’s International Business faculty to partner with regional firms that want to expand globally – some for the first time and others looking to move to the next level in exporting their products and services. Working in partnership with the Chafee Center, students enrolled in Bryant’s International Business program work in teams as part of the senior year International Business practicum, studying these firms, conducting market research, and developing actionable strategic plans to help companies achieve their goals.
World Trade Day Committee Members:
- Ernie Almonte, Co-Chair, RSM US LLP
- Betty Robson, Co-Chair, JF Moran, JWU
- Kyle Brockett, Santander
- Gerald Cohen, Chafee Center
- Raquel Cordeiro, Bryant University
- Heather DeMarco, Chafee Center
- Ray Fogarty (In Memoriam)
- John Ginsbury, Oppenheimer & Co.
- Kate Medeiros, Chafee Center
- Eric Menke, AstroNova
- Joe Nero, Rose & Kiernan
- Avishai Nevel, Nevel International
- Dan Schobel, Coface
- Kathy Therieau, CommerceRI
- Stephen Ucci, Adler, Pollock & Sheehan P.C.
- Linda Woulfe, Chafee Center
- Keith Yatsuhashi, U.S. Department of Commerce